I have so many books I need to get through, and I’m just not hitting goals I really should be – so here it is, a public announcement I’ll have to account for in my July summary post in a month. I currently pledge to read the following:
Books the very lovely and awesome Sam has sent me that I haven’t yet read:
- Guy in Real Life – Steve Brezenoff
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (Alcatraz, #1) – Brandon Sanderson
- The Near Witch – Victoria Schwab
And from my book-buddy-Beth:
- The Last Werewolf – Glen Duncan
For my monthly reading challenge:
- The Time Machine – H. G. Wells
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep – Philip K. Dick
For Hugo Packet reading, which is due 31st July as well, I really need to read:
- Ancillary Justice – Ann Leckie
- Neptune’s Brood – Charles Stross
- Nexus – Ramez Naam
- Three Parts Dead -Max Gladstone
- Two Serpents Ride – Max Gladstone
- A Stranger in Olondria – Sofia Samatar
And I may have also offered to beta read an author-friend’s current novel work in process. It sounds amazing, how could I not?
As the above alone is already twelve novels and that’s all I managed in June, I should probably leave it there. Although this isn’t planning for any ARC copies that may come in, or judging books for the Aurealis Awards that shall be kicking off… The Aurealis Awards are for Australian Speculative Fiction – I’m in the fantasy novel category. Ah well, I always read more under stress!
Though I really should try to tick off more books from my To Read in 2014 list. Though Nexus is on the list… But hey, maybe I should offer myself a little reward (probably more books!) if I manage to firstly, get through the list above, and secondly, if I manage to cross two more books off my list!